Ensure you create a solid set of criteria – from “must-haves” to “would-likes” – that suit your lifestyle choices and your budget.
Let’s face it, for most of us, what we want and what we can afford are two different things. Having a clear understanding of what you can afford will inform your next set of decisions and will make it much easier for you to have that clear picture so when you are looking at homes there is a measure of reality.
Here are some things to consider:
Where do you want to live? This is an important question as it will impact the next number of questions.
What type of property do you want to purchase?
- Attached (think Duplex, Townhome)
- Do you want new or resale
- Do you have children or are they in your near future?
- Consider schools, community centres and amenities Do you have pets
- Consider walking routes and dog parks Walk ability Overall access to work, transit and amenities
> Go to Step 4